Cherish yesterday, Dream tomorrow, Live today

Wednesday 20 November 2013

a productive and organised day :)

Sunday saw Danny off to work for the day and me alone with three children having just finished a night shift!  The children were really good. After breakfast they were read the riot act.  There was the options of a DVD, their computers or playing. I was going to bed for 2 hours and they would not want to wake me up. I heard them a couple of times, but otherwise nothing. In fact, as I had told Alanna I was setting my alarm for 11.30, but if I wasnt up by 12 to call me she woke me at 12.20 saying,  I gave you a bit longer mummy!  After lunch we needed to go and buy some veg for dinner so took advantage of the weather and walked along the canel collecting nature things to make into mobiles.  The children loved it, and finishing the mobiles off today the eldest told me how much he had enjoyed the walk and thanked me!









Then when we got back the children all helped prepare the vegetables they had chosen. NO photos, as watching the three of the with knives was hard enough!  The 4 year old chopped the broccoli and a carrot and sprouts, Alanna chopped the butternut squash, sprouts and a carrot and the 7 year old had the swede and spouts and a carrot.  All in the saucepan ready, with potatoes and meat in the oven when Danny got home.  More organised than normal for me! Then we set about making the mobiles after dinner.  These are still work in progress so photos to follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment